NSW has recorded another 18 cases of coronavirus – a positive decrease in the number of infections.
Of the new cases, 16 have been linked to existing clusters or cases, while two remain under investigation.
Eleven of the new cases had been in quarantine for their entire infectious periods, while two were out and about in the community.
A further five cases were in quarantine for part of their infectious period.
The new cases include one worker at the SummitCare Baulkham Hills aged care facility and a case linked to a party at the Meriton Suites in Waterloo.
A total of seven people who attended the party and five household contacts have tested positive so far.
The result was achieved after 32,000 people came forward for testing.
Since June 16, 330 COVID cases have been recorded in Sydney, 255 of which are directly linked to known cases in the Bondi cluster.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said an announcement about whether Sydney’s lockdown will be extended beyond Friday will be made on Wednesday.
“The lockdown is having its desired effect to date, no doubt about that,” she said on Tuesday.
“But it is still concerning that a number of cases are remaining infectious in the community for that period of time.
“New South Wales wants this to be the last lockdown until we get the majority of our citizens vaccinated.”
Of the active COVID cases in NSW, 26 are being treated in hospital, with six of those in ICU.
Of those six – all of whom are aged over 50 – two are being ventilated.
“This is a salient reminder that COVID can have an impact on you and your loved ones,” Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant said.
“Please, as you move about the community, assume everyone has COVID, follow the public health advice, and please minimise your exposures to others, particularly in indoor settings.”