On Tuesday, December 27, 2023 the feast day of Saint Stephen the First Martyr (New Calendar: January 9, 2024) the following Churches visited the Patriarchate for the celebration of Christmas to relay modest holiday greetings:
- The Franciscan Brotherhood – Custody of the Holy Land
- The Latin Patriarchate in Jerusalem
- The Coptic Church in Jerusalem
- The Syrian Church in Jerusalem
- The Ethiopian Church in Jerusalem
- The Anglican Church in Jerusalem
- The Lutheran Church
- The Brotherhood of the Armenian Patriarchate in Jerusalem.
All these representatives of the churches, around one hundred, were received by His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem, Who thanked them for their visit on the Christmas Feast, saying that this visit is also held in memory of the very important event of the meeting of Pope Paul VI with the Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras, in Jerusalem in 1964.
Continuing in the spirit of the beginning of this Theological Dialogue, we, the local churches in Jerusalem, give a common witness against the various challenges and especially against the victims of the Christian flock and every suffering soul from the ongoing war in Gaza.
Source: Patriarchate of Jerusalem